This is a unique, executive-style home, on the semi-tropical island of Madeira, blending together a modernised Portuguese palheiro and substantially extended to include:-
1. An incredible 73 m2 living and dining area, tall ceilings with triple aspect views, full height sliding windows giving all year round, panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and...
2. The 40 m2 veranda leading to...
3. An infinity edge, 8m x 4m saline swimming pool perfectly situated within...
4. The garden of 1100 m2 filled with palm trees, shrubs, and fruit trees, with areas of the garden planted with exotic and semi-tropical plants. The lower part of the garden, bordered by sumptuous agapanthus flowers, incorporates a garden seating area under beautiful, giant, White Bird of Paradise trees. The, almost flat garden, unusual for Madeira, is bordered by tall hedge planting providing complete privacy. The garden and pool have been completely redesigned and renovated within the last 18 months.
5. Adjoining the living area is the master bedroom (built-in wardrobes) and en-suite shower room (26 m2). Floor to ceiling sliding windows provide stunning ocean views with external walls wrapped with local stone.
6. From the living area, steps lead to a sheltered Bbq and seating area (18 m2) with access to the…
7. Modern kitchen, with a range of built in appliances, and hands-free Pir light switches (18.5 m2) and a good sized storage pantry with a range of shelving and wall cupboards (5.25 m2).
8. A generous family bathroom (9.5 m2) complete with luxury jacuzzi bath.
9. A utility room equipped for washing machine and tumble dryer completes the downstairs living areas.
10. Stairs lead up to the mezzanine gallery (12 m2) with access to..
11. Bedroom 2 (16 m2) with adjoining en-suite shower room and Wc( 5.25 m2) , has external doors leading onto a patio area(13 m2) with views across the ocean and coastline.
12. Bedroom 3 (13.5 m2) complete with built-in wardrobes and access to the en-suite shower room.
13. Access to the property is by secure gate (videocam in the kitchen) opening onto the upstairs patio Or
14. Remote controlled, double security gates open on to a parking area more than sufficient for four cars.
Heating provided by a fuel efficient pellet burner with open flame, mains water, septic tank, gas water heating. Two underground 5000 litre water tanks for the potential supply of levada water for the garden.
The house provides the best of all worlds giving easy access in under an hour to Funchal Airport and a short, 40 minute drive to the vibrant city of Funchal. The village of Prazeres has a number of shops and restaurants as well as a modern local health centre. The house itself is just off a quiet village road.
(All measurements are approx).
Price € 489,000
This property is not available for sale on our sites now
Price not available