Paço da Ordem is a medieval building erected on the ruins of an old castle built in the second quarter of the 12th century. The castle was built by the Templars on a former Moorish fortress, conquered by D. Afonso Henriques, the first king of Portugal.
This fantastic property is located 15 km from Coimbra, on top of a hill which allows total privacy and panoramic views all around.
In structural terms it is a large quadrangle enclosed in itself, with interior patio and high and extensive façades, torn asymmetrically in the three wings by quinine windows, with emphasis on the north façade, with double vanity separated by torso mainel.
The Palace of the Order underwent alterations at the end of the first decade of 1500, maintaining until today all its structure and characteristics since then.
The building has two floors interconnected, on the 1st floor there are 11 suites, kitchen and pantry and on the 2nd floor there are 8 very large rooms, having the largest 140m2 and ceilings in maceira, these are described in documents regarding the visitation occurred in the year of 1508.
On the grounds of the property, we have the pool, a well and a secular forest of oaks, cork oaks, holm oaks, pines and olive trees, among other species.
Building classified as Property of Public Interest, by the Portuguese Institute of Architectural Heritage, thus benefiting from the tax exemption of Imt, Imi and Aimi.
Energy Rating: A+
Price € 2,750,000
Price / sq metre: €/m² 2,604.17
Number of mandate: 1922