18,9 ha bio-dynamic farm and great opportunities for cultural spaces & ecotourism in the Serra da Estrela
For over 12 years the farm has been certified organic and Demeter biodynamic, producing mainly olives for extra virgem olive oil, and with large vegetable garden, orchards, and seed propagation.
The property entails the following:
1. Renovated Principal Farmhouse consisting of an apartment of with 4 bedrooms (8 / 7,5 / 10 / 7,7 m2) in authentic style, bathroom with bath (6,6 m2), and large living room 43 m2) with high ceiling and veranda of 13 m2 on the first floor.
The ground floor houses an attractive library / office of 30 m2 with stone walls and wooden floor and a kitchen (42 m2) with exposed age old beams with large walk-in cold storage room.
The annex with stone walls, high blue wooden ceiling and large open fireplace and high ceiling of 54 m2 functions as guest lounge area / dining room for 20 people.
Adjacent is the kitchen 23 m2 with semi-professional kitchen equipment, directly accessing the large terrace with concrete dining tabel for 30 people.
2. Renovated cosy granite farm cottage with 2 bedrooms, bathroom with bath on the 1st floor, 35m2, and open space living room and kitchen 35m2, with large open fireplace, and floor heating, and terraces overlooking the Mondego valley.
3. Annexes, recently renovated into 3 individual studio-rooms, each with own private bathroom and entrance, and special features of granite stone walls and azulejos. Sizes 14m2, 17m2, 21m2
4. Pavilion with a roof terrace of of 300 m2, modern construction recently upgraded into
- Art Atelier of 61 m2, with lights, white walls and grey tiles and kitchen of 10 m2
- Clean and dry Storage of 58 m2m2
- Laundry room of 47 m2 with washing machine and storage for bedding
- 3 individual Studio-rooms of 20m2 each, with private bathroom and walk-in showers, and large verandah of 61 m2 in front with view of the Mondego valley and the Serra da Estrela Mountains
5. Option for a Farm campsite in the olive grove with bath house, with 2 showers and 2 toilets, and washing space, plus open plan bath house with 2 toilets and 3 showers.
6. Barn - building 80 M2 - sandwich roofing sheets
7. Waterbassin for irrigation and swimming, 20 x 10 x 2 m. Small waterbassin for swimming 7,5 x 5 x 0,75 m on the terrace
Good infrastructure with country asphalt road form the villages of Faia and Pêro Soares, primary school at Porte do Carne at 6 km, organic Olive press at Mizerela at 3 km, small shop at Aldeia Viçosa at 2 km, 2 restaurants and cafes at 2 km, 15 km from the main provincial town of Guarda, with all the amenities, supermarkets, schools, Polytechnic Institute, restaurants, cafés, shopping mall, hospital, theatre, museum, train station, bus station.
45 km from the Spanish border at Vilar Formosa
15 km from the highway A25 (Porto - Spain), 15 km from the highway A23 (Guarda - Lisbon). 2 hours by car from Porto, 3 hours by car from Lisbon
Private source for excellent drinking water with pump going 120 m deep
State of the art electricity throughout all the buildings, renovated in 2016
7 sceptic tanks. Terraces with 35 m2 waterbassin
18,9 ha land, terraces with centuries old dry stone walls, in the alto valley of the river Mondego, within the boundaries of the Serra da Estrela Nature Park
certified Organic by Ecocert Portugal since 2007
certified Biodynamic by Demeter International in Germany since 2007
Contract with Ifap Ministry of Agriculture
The agricultural land consist of:
- 7,2 ha aged olive trees
- 1,5 ha horticultural land with vegetable garden, aromatic herbs, almond trees and seed propagation
- 0,6 cherries
- 9 ha of permanent pasture
- 1,5 ha trees and shrubbery
Price € 750,000
Price / sq metre: €/m² 954.20
Number of mandate: 622