The Cistercian Monastery is a property of enormous historical and natural relevance. With a total area of 22 hectares is located in the Guarda Region.
This idyllic property, classified as a national monument, dates from the mid-12th century, when a primitive community of Benedictine monks or hermits settled here. In the 1970s, the community embraced the Cistercian Order and then began the construction we see today.
In the Monastery predominate the Romanesque and Gothic styles.
The frontage presents the characteristics of the primitive romantic.
Among the various architectural elements stands the simple and elegant door of the Chapter Room, topped by three arch-broken archivolts, landing on unadorned abacus, supported by recessed colonnels on the wall and topped by capitals decorated with plant motifs. The Chapter Room was the most important dependency of the monastery after the church.
The monastery needs total restoration work.
Next to the Monastery is the building that once served as a guesthouse, and is intended for ecclesiastical visitors and lay people of high social class.
The Monastery Hostel, with a square-shaped frontage and rectangular windows, is embellished by a stone-columned balcony, opening to the south and west. Between the gate and the porch is a coat of arms dating from 1704, bearing the arms of the Cistercian Order.
This building was the object of a loving reconstruction completed in 1997 and was converted into a comfortable unit of Housing Tourism, continuing the tradition that began in the 19th century. Xii when he welcomed the pilgrims traveling on the Santiago de Compostela route.
This building consists of 2 floors:
- Entrance hall
- Living room with fireplace and bar
- Dining room with fireplace
- 2 suites
- fully equipped kitchen
- Laundry / storage.
- 9 suites
- Apartment with 1 suite, living room and kitchenette
- Library all in solid wood and with fireplace
- Balcony in stone columns, converted into dining room (monument classified).
Its interiors denote a quiet experience. The aim is to escape the aridity of a space without references, where simplicity and elegance make us feel closer to the areas around us and where the notion of home is present with its memories. All furniture and
The guest house is surrounded by a beautiful garden with swimming pool served by a support bath with Turkish bath.
There are also 3 independent suites with direct access to the outside.
The Convent Lodge is integrated in the historical complex of the region.
Next to the Monastery and Inn there are old buildings that served as stables and can be converted.
The morphology of the property is completely flat, with a great abundance of water, proof of this is the fountain next to the Monastery and the stream that crosses the land. In the northern part there is a meadow with a multicentennial oak forest.
Price € 2,160,000
This property is not available for sale on our sites now
Price not available
Number of mandate: 1940