Automatically translated from
On a hill as you enter the beautiful medieval town of Palmela, 35 minutes from Lisbon and less than 10 minutes from downtown Setúbal, you’ll find this superb detached villa with roughly 730sqm. Of built area, set on a 1.125-square-metered plot of land with a totally exclusive access. The villa presents an “L”-shaped floorpan, preserving the more exuberant parts of the garden and the entire pool area at its center, thus ensuring absolute privacy, as well as providing a simply stunning view over the Sado River Estuary, towards south.
On the ground floor, with a floor area of nearly 430sqm., we find a two-car garage, the entrance hall decorated with hand-painted typical Portuguese tiles, the massive 64-sqaure-metered living and dining room with fireplace, heat recover, granite floor and huge windows allowing you to contemplate the pool area, the immense rustic style kitchen with storage room, a social restroom, a bedroom and a smaller living room, also with fireplace, through which we access the vast porch. In this floor, however, there’s still two other rooms with unique interior design, the office and the bar. These two “pieces” were imagined and set in-place there, featuring an incredible and extremely artistic wood work. At the center of this first floor there’s the elegant wood staircase that take us to the upper floor. Once we’re there, we can easily identify two distinct alleys, one to the left and another one to the right side of the stairs, both incorporating the private areas. The one on the left presents two large bedrooms, both with built-in closets and wooden floors, and a shared bathroom. When we go to the right, we’ll find two other very large bedrooms, a beautifully customized bathroom where, once more, the interior design is absolutely gorgeous, and the incredibly huge master bedroom, with over 40sqm. Of area, including walk-in closet, private bathroom and a cozy balcony with a privileged view over the fabulous Palmela castle. At the center of the upper floor, with two entrances, there’s the half-mooned terrace from which you can enjoy the spectacular views over the castle to the west and the river estuary towards south.
Lastly, we have to tell you about the villa’s marvelous outdoor space, with tropical plants and trees, lawns, an old cork oak, several fruit trees and, of course, the already mentioned fantastic porch facing the pool. Here we find shower rooms, a storage with wine cellar and firewood ovens. This is a house that will surely impress with its magnitude, without forgetting the high class materials that were used on the construction both inside and outside, benefitting from a very good location close to shopping and services and only a few minutes drive from Palmela’s region major roads and railways.
Price € 530,000
Price / sq metre: €/m² 726.03
Number of mandate: 262019
Agency: Portugal Luxury - Real Estate
This property is in Palmela, in Palmela (district Setúbal).
- 2 min from the motorway
- 35 min from the airport
- 2 min from the bus from Palmela
- 2 min from the town centre from Palmela
- 10 min from the town centre from Setúbal (São Julião, Nossa Senhora da Anunciada e Santa Mari
- 35 min from the town centre from Baixa Pombalina
- 35 min from the town centre from Parque Das Nações
- 1 min from the shops from Palmela
- 5 min from the schools from Palmela
- 3 min from the station from Palmela
- 10 min from the golf course from Palmela
- 25 min from the golf course from Azeitão (São Lourenço e São Simão)
- 25 min from the lake from Azeitão (São Lourenço e São Simão)
- 10 min from the lake from Palmela
- 12 min from the sea from Setúbal (São Julião, Nossa Senhora da Anunciada e Santa Mari
- 35 min from the tube from Parque Das Nações
- 35 min from the tube from Baixa Pombalina
- 10 min from the park from Setúbal (São Julião, Nossa Senhora da Anunciada e Santa Mari
- 3 min from the park from Palmela
- 180 min from the ski slopes from Covilhã (Conceição)
- 25 min from the beach from Costa Da Caparica
- 35 min from the beach from Troia
- 35 min from the trams from Alcântara
Advice on buying a property in Portugal : click to see our Portugal buying guide.